I’m very happy to tell you that SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi version 5 is now ready for download.
SqueezePlug Media-Server version 5.00 for Raspberry Pi is based on Rasbian Hard Float now and has some massive improvement in performance and in functionality!
SqueezePlug is a platform for different Media-Servers:
- Logitech Media Server (f.k.a. Slimserver, SqueezeBox Server)
- Forked DAAPD
And SqueezePlug is a platform for different Media-clients or players:
- SqueezePlay (experimental)
And SqueezePlug offers some other services
All these servers and players are ready to install by just a click.
Included features are:
- Scripts for all SqueezePlug configurations
- Expand RootFS automatically
- Create a Swap File
- Change Timezone, Hostname, Password, SSH-Keys,
- Configure Network Settings
- Support for wireless USB-Sticks
- Change Overclocking and Memory Spilt
- Handling of external drives
- Cloning SD-Cards
- Samba Server already included
- HD-Idle included
- Update functions included
The installation is based on the Raspbian Installer as a minimal installation from scratch. The kernel and all packages are up to date. There is no X-Server or other graphic things installed. The intention of SqueezePlug is to run a headless Media-Server and Player. So SSH is installed and activated. All you have to do is this:
1. Download, unzip and burn the sd-card
2. Start the Pi and find out the IP-Address (e.g. from an attached monitor or from your router).
3. login with user: root and pw: nosoup4u
4. Choose Raspberry Pi from the initial screen.
5. Reboot the RPi
6. Connect again and type: setup
7. Choose the options you need and the scripts will do the rest for you.
Please visit my blog to download the new image: http:/squeezeplug.de
Look for sp_rpi_500.zip
I’ll update my Wiki and videos later to regarding Raspberry Pi version 5.
There will be images for SheevaPlug, DockStar and GoFlex Net later this year.