I’m very happy to tell you that SqueezePlug for Raspberry Pi version 7 is now ready for download. SqueezePlug version 7 is a completely new version, nearly every script is renewed! The new version is based on the latest Raspbian version 2014-01-07-wheezy-raspbian so it should work on every hardware version of raspberry Pi.
There is only one version available, the Debian Wheezy HF version. There is no need for other versions any more, because every software package is running on the hard-float version.
A lot of unnecessary thinks are removed in version 7, it’s focussed on the important things, but they are much better implemented as before.
SqueezePlug version 7 is much easier for users and a lot of bugs from version 6 are removed. Every software package now comes in an actual version.
There is no update from version 6 is available!
What is SqueezePlug?
SqueezePlug is a platform for different Media-Servers:
- Logitech Media Server (f.k.a. Slimserver, SqueezeBox Server) in the latest version
And SqueezePlug is a platform for different Media-clients or players:
And SqueezePlug offers some other services:
- VNC Server
All these servers and players are ready to install by just a click.
Included features are:
- Scripts for all SqueezePlug configurations
- Expand RootFS automatically
- Change Timezone, Hostname, Password, SSH-Keys,
- Configure Network Settings incl. WiFi support
- Network configuration files are now available on the /boot (FAT) partition so you can change them from you Windows PC
- Change Overclocking and Memory Spilt
- Handling of external drives
- Cloning SD-Cards
- Samba Server already included
- HD-Idle included
- Update functions included
- Test and Change audio settings
All official Raspbian / Wheezy features like X-Server are available, nothing is purged by default.
How to install SqueezePlug?
The Image fits on every 4 GB SD-Card! You should expand the SD-Card to it’s full size during the initial setup.
1. Download, unzip and burn the sd-card
2. Start the Pi and find out the IP-Address (e.g. from an attached monitor, from your router or a tools like Advanced IP Scanner v2).
3. login with user: root and pw: nosoup4u
4. Follow the initial steps
a. Update SqueezePlug
b. Expand the Root-Filesystem to the maximum SD-Card size
5. type “setup” and choose the options you need and the scripts will do the rest for you.
Please visit my blog to download the new image: http:/squeezeplug.de
Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project:
thanks a lot!